Ads code here

Periodic Table Art

Do not forget! follow DIYSelfy on facebook to get new and fresh ideas and updates everyday!

Asher is our budding scientist in the family, and I knew I wanted to incorporate some type of periodic table art for him somewhere in the room. I stumbled upon these mini clipboards at A.C. Moore for $1 each and knew they’d work great for this project!


The clipboards disassemble easily with a screwdriver for painting, staining, mod-podging and what not. Just take off the hardware and get creative!



I wanted a “little professor” vibe in their room so decided to simply stain the clipboards dark walnut to match their two-tone dressers. (So sorry for the crappy photos. I was using my phone late at night to take these.)


I used a foam brush to coat each clipboard with one coat of stain and let them dry overnight.


In the morning, I created and printed out (on photo paper) some periodic elements based on poster art from Restoration Hardware Baby. I put the clipboards back together, cut out my art, and hung them on the back of my kiddos’ door!

via homestoriesatoz

Δημοσίευση σχολίου