What, you ask, are vintage suitcase dog beds? Well these adorable pet beds are basically just upcycled old suitcases. You know, the kind you find at a thrift store that have no wheels, so are clearly not practical for extreme traveling. I have a love for old suitcases so I was considering purchasing a little bed on Etsy for Zuzu the poodle; however, once I noticed the hefty price tag (over $50 for most of the listings) I decided it was time for some diy magic. I made my own version for under $10.
- Vintage Suitcase (hard shell)
- Tools (hammer, screwdriver, extreme muscle strength)
- Pillow Sham
- Open the suitcase and examine how it is hinged together.
- If it is screwed together, then you just need to unscrew the top half of the suitcase from the bottom half. If it is attached by some other means, then you will have to break out the hammer.
- Discard the top half of the suitcase.
- Cover a pillow with the sham of your choice. I used a sham from our old ikea duvet cover.
- Place the pillow in the suitcase and tuck the corners in. We lucked out because our suitcase was the perfect size for the pillow we used. If this is not the case, you can make your own custom pillow.